Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

volume on the WAV/audio device (Word/XP et al.)

I'm rather proud of myself. Streaming audio hooked up to a chain of stereo amplifiers, one of which routes to a pair of speakers right next to my bed.

Now Jupiter and I can go to sleep to the dulcet tones of Harry Secombe, Spike Milligan and Peter Sellers in "The Goon Show".
    One problem: Who gets up to turn down the volume once we have dropped off to sleep?
    Solution: a neat-oh! bit of VBA code that decrements the volume on the WAV/audio device, one notch at a time ("Buenos Notches"!!!) and then powers-off the computer.

CAUTION: The attached TXT file of BAS code does contain a ShutDown event, suitably highlighted; you may want to dis-able that during testing.

Thanks

Re: volume on the WAV/audio device (Word/XP et al.)

Thanks for the code, which I've squirreled away. Not sure I'll be putting it to use any time in the near future, but It's nice to know it's there if I ever want my PC to perform a similar service.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: volume on the WAV/audio device (Word/XP et al

> which I've squirreled away.

Sqirreled away? Great Scott, man! This is code to enhance. I was counting on you for a modification (using a Scripting Dictionary, of course), to wake me up in the morning, having switched channels to New Age. You have 12 hours, starting from Now().

On a more sober note: after years of playing with hexadecimal, VBA's intricacies almost floored me. The bit-manipulation I wrote is ugly. Please record that comment with your squirrled code. I can do better. Also I intend to provide a decrement that is time-based, so I can phase the volume down over up to 45 minutes, rather than the current five.
    Comments & suggestions welcomed.