New Lounger
    Thanks

Spreadsheet Printing

I am running MS Works Suite on a Windows XP Home edition machine. At one time this used to work and the only change that I recall making is loading a copy of Foxpro for Dos using the 3.5 disk reader. I added "Files=199" to Autoexec.NT (only to find that it was the wrong file to add that statement to) and then removed the additions and re-booted a number of times. Now I am experiencing the following problem. When I select a spreadsheet and go to print a copy of it, I get the following error: "Out of Memory Save or Close any open files or applications.". I have restored from a previous checkpoint, uninstalled and reinstalled the MS Works Suite, there are no other files or applications open, and I even created a new spreadsheet and I still get the same answer. I can generate a Word or NotePad document and it prints just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Jim

Thanks

Re: Spreadsheet Printing

I'm not familiar at all with Works, but a couple of thoughts:

Can you do a Print Preview with Works? - if so, does that show up alright?

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing your printer?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

Thanks you for responding. I can preview the spreadsheet but get the error when I go to print it. I can print from a word document so I doubt if uninstalling and reinstalling the printer will help. Any other suggestions?

Jim

Thanks

<!mskb=841220>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 841220<!/mskb> indicates that this is a known problem but has been corrected in Works 8 and in Works Suite 2005. There are a few workarounds suggested in the article.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions