2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Number Format in Combo Box Dropdown (Access 2000/2003)

I have a combo box that I've used in an application for years. I am modifying the application to add a second kind of account to the information presented. The first kind of account has ten-digit account numbers. The new kind has thirteen digits.

Now, in the combo box, the account number displays .00 at the end. This did not happen prior to the new account numbers.

The account numbers used to be formatted in the underlying table as double. No .00 appears. I changed the field format to double, fixed, 0 so the longer account numbers appeared as the numbers instead of in scientific notation. If I change the field format back to plain double, the .00 disappears from the drop down list.

Any idea why the .00 appends to the account number? I would like to format the numbers fixed and 0 in the table as users frequently go directly to it for research purposes.

Thanks!

Nancy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Number Format in Combo Box Dropdown (Access 2000/2003)

I'm confused by your statement "If I change the field format back to plain double, the .00 disappears from the drop down list". Don't you mean that it reappears?

You could format the account number in the row source of the combo box, like this (substitute the correct names):

SELECT Format([AccountNo]) FROM tblMyTable

or

SELECT CStr([AccountNo]) FROM tblMyTable

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Number Format in Combo Box Dropdown (Access 2000/2003)

Sorry. I meant if I change the field format in the underlying table to double without the fixed and 0 parameters, the .00 disappears from the drop down list in the combo box.

I tried your formatting suggestion and it worked perfectly. I didn't realize I could do that in the SQL statement.

I appreciate your help.

Nancy