5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error message (2000)

I have several databases on a network drive that when opened have a splash screen. When someone is in any of these databases and someone else tries to access the data base they get an error message. The splash screen won't close and you have to ctl alt delete to get out of Access. This just started to happen recently. I have attached the error message. It only happens when more than one person tries to open the database. I don't understand why this just started to happen.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error message (2000)

I am attaching the code that is behind the splash screen. If anyone knows why the databases using this splash screen are getting errors when more than one person is in the database, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Could you attach a stripped down copy of the database? You can remove everything except the splash screen form and the AutoExec macro, and perhaps the Switchboard Items table and Switchboard form (we don't need other tables, queries, forms and reports). See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I attached a stripped down database that contains what you requested. If you are the only one opening the database, you do not get the error.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I am able to open multiple copies of the database without problems, and I don't see anything that should cause problems. You could try the following, but I have no idea whether it will help:
    - Open the splash screen form in design view.
    - Select the OK button.
    - Activate the Event tab of the Properties window.
    - Select [Event Procedure] in the On Click event. It will replace =CloseForm().
    - Click the ... to the right of the dropdown arrow.
    - Make the code look as follows (you can copy the code from the CloseForm function):

Private Sub Command103_Click()
    ' Closes Startup form.
    ' Used in OnClick property of OK command button on Startup form.
    ' Opens up the switchboard after click Ok on the splash screen
    Dim stDocName As String
    stDocName = "Switchboard"
    DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName
    End Sub

- Switch back to Access, close and save the form.
    - Close the database (you have opened it exclusively at the moment)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I went around to four different computers here at work and could not get the error to occur. There might be someone messing around with the database so I would set the popup and modal property on the splash form to yes and the close button property to no. In stead of using a Autoexec Module, use the starup