1. 2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Opening Form Hidden (Access 2000/2003)

I have a form with controls I access as conditions in a macro. Most of the time, the user does not need to see the form, but there are times they do.

How can I open a form in the background, invisible to the user? I know how to do it with controls, and how to make them visible if X happens. I'm not sure how to do it with a form. Maybe I can't.

Thanks!

Nancy

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opening Form Hidden (Access 2000/2003)

The OpenForm action in a macro and the DoCmd.OpenForm method in VBA have an argument WindowMode. This can be set to Hidden (acHidden in VBA) to open the form invisible.

To make an already open form visible or invisible, set its Visible property. In a macro, select the SetValue action, set Item to Forms!FormName.Visible (where FormName is the name of your form) and the Expression to True or False as needed. In VBA, use

Forms!FormName.Visible = True

(or False). Note: this will only work for open forms.

4. 2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opening Form Hidden (Access 2000/2003)

Perfect! I figured it was something simple.

I appreciate your helpful and fast answers.

Nancy