Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Setting Up Time Stamp (2002)

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a time stamp to log in when a new status has been assigned to a record. I have frmFaceSheet with txtTimeStamp. The format is set to now() general date. I have query qryStatusTrending that is linked to tblStatusTrending. tblStatusTrending has a field [Status Time Stamp]. I have [Status Time Stamp] in the query and set the SQL as Status Time Stamp:forms!frmFaceSheet!txtTimeStamp. I assumed, incorrectly, that the query would update to the time on frmFaceSheet. It didn't work. What am I missing?

BTW, I also noted that the time stamp on the form doesn't change to show the time changing. Shouldn't it do that?

Thanks,
    Leesha

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting Up Time Stamp (2002)

Think about it. How is Access to know that you want the TimeStamp field to be updated when you make a change? You must include code in your form, usually in the BeforeUpdate Event, to set txtTimeStamp = Now().
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting Up Time Stamp (2002)

Hi Mark,

Believe it or not I did think about it. That is why I thought the query would pick it from control on the form that shows time. But alas I thought wrong as usual! I will try coding it differently or in a different spot.

Leesha