Thanks

Suppress Page 1 Page Header (2003)

Is there a way to suppress printing of the Page Header on page 1 of a report? (Or even better, to make the page 1 page header contain totally different information, such as some instructions.)

On page 1, my Page Header is immediately followed by a Group Header (section header) that repeats the same information, so the page looks like it was poorly designed. Both the page header and the group header contain eight carefully-placed labels that serve as column headings.

I've tried two methods that work when the report is shown on the screen, but not when it is printed on the printer. My first method sets the labels' Visible property to False on page 1, true elsewhere. My second method puts a large label with alternate text over all the other labels. In page 1 it's set to Visible = True. For other pages it's set to Visible = False. Both methods work fine on the screen, but when printed, the original labels show up.

This is frustrating, and I can't seem to find a satisfactory solution.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Suppress Page 1 Page Header (2003)

You can suppress the page header on the first page by setting the Page Header property of the report (in the Format tab of the Properties window) to 'Not with report header'. You can put the instructions or whatever in the report header section.

Thanks

Re: Suppress Page 1 Page Header (2003)

It works. Thanks.

1) There is SO much to know about Access.

2) Thank heaven for Gurus and Woody's Lounge.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA