Thanks

Lost Contacts and Calendar (2002 SP-3)

I had to do a SYSTEM restore from removable hard drive (Iomega REV) to 05/02/05. After restoring system I did a DATA restore to 05/05/05 which has the backup copy of Outlook made by Outlook Genie. When I did the restore of Outlook data from Outlook Genie all the Contacts and Calendar info was gone. The Sent Items and In Box restored to 03/01/05 from the backup dated 05/05/05 (why, I don't know). There are NO Contacts or Calendar entries. Yet, if I go to create a new e-mail and click on "To" all the contacts appear; or even if I use "Type a contact to find" in the main Outlook window all the Contacts are there. If I display "View folders" I get a rather strange group of folders; at least one I don't recognize - everything seems to be duplicated and Outlook Today is followed by "[Archive Folders]" which I don't recall being there before. At this point (because I know nearly nothing about Outlook) I don't know if it's an Outlook issue, or an Outlook Genie problem; but in either case it's a problem. The Contacts are in there somewhere or I wouldn't be able to view them from "Type a contact to find" and I suppose the calendar entries are too, but I can't view them anywhere. Any ideas?

EDIT: I went to: File > Open > Outlook Data Files and found a "Outlook" file in the Outlook folder. I opened this file and all my Contacts and Calendar info appeared (there was also an
    Bryan,
    Not the smartest critter on the glacier. . .
    . . .but I'm persistent (does that count?)

Thanks

Re: Lost Contacts and Calendar (2002 SP-3)

Replying to my on post, but thought I shouldn't just leave it hanging.

I discovered that the settings in Tools > Email Settings > View or change... > Deliver new e-mail to. . . had been changed to "Archive". I changed it back to "Personal Folders" and Outlook Today is working fine now. I have no clue how that setting got changed because I was never in that area of Outlook, but must assume it occurred when Genie Outlook Backup restored the data files. My discovery of this error came from reading through "Outlook Inside Out" (Jim Boyce).
    Bryan,
    Not the smartest critter on the glacier. . .
    . . .but I'm persistent (does that count?)