2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Find unmatched records (Access 2000)

Can you help me building an sql query finding unmatched recordss? I want to compare 2 identical tables, customers and customers1 about the field tkind. I want to display those records, where the records in the field differ.For example if for customer Nr 1 in one table the tkind is 9 and in the other table, for the same customer number, the tkind is 10,the query shoulkd display it. There was a wizard in the query window, but my windows is not fully installed and i have not
    it available.
    Thank you in advance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Find unmatched records (Access 2000)

A find unmatched query finds records in one table for which there is no corresponding value in the specified field in another table. So you could find records in customers with a value for tkind that does not occur at all in customers1. If you want to find records whose values for tkind are different, you'd have to specify another field on which the records can be matched. Please explain what EXACTLY you want to do.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your kind attention.I am sending and example in order to explain what i want to do.In this example the
    kinds that are not equal are with customer

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

To view the records that match on customerid (you hadn't mentioned this field in your original post) but not on kindid, you can use a query as in the screenshot below. If you want to store the results of this query, select Query | Make Table Query and specify the name of the table, then select Query | Run.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply.Why my query cannot show the results ? i must have done some grave mistake in my query

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You have added customers twice to the query, instead of customers and customers1.