New Lounger
    Thanks

Access Reports (Access 2000 Pro)

Can you save a report as a word document so that it can be emailed.
    OR can the Access Report itself be emailed?
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access Reports (Access 2000 Pro)

1. You can export a report to .rtf format; Word can open .rtf files directly (without conversion). To do so, select the report in the database window or open it, then select File | Export... and select Rich Text Format (*.rtf) in the Save As dropdown list. Or open the report, then select Tools | Office Links | Publish It with MS Word.
    BUT the .rtf file will only contain the text of the report. All graphic elements such as borders around controls, lines, pictures etc. will be lost.

2. You can e-mail a report directly from Access in various formats. To do so, select the report in the database window or open it, then select File | Send To | Mail Recipient (as Attachment)...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access Reports (Access 2000 Pro)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by hasse on 10-May-05 14:23. Formulation)</P>Personally, I prefer writing a report to pdf-format and mail that instead, certainly when there's plenty of layout to preserve.
    However, I guess there's some programming to do if you want to have this done automatically. I'm breeding at doing this myself but have no code available. Maybe somewhere else at the lounge...