Thread: Adware?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE6

Hyperlinker and InstaFind are both adware - see for example Symantec Security Response - Adware.LinkMaker and Symantec Security Response - Adware.InstaFinder.

See Anti Adware, Spyware, Hijack for other anti-spyware apps you can use - most of us use a combination of several of them.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adware?

Does anyone know of a program called Hyperlinker or a program called InstaFind? I saw them on my system when I went into Add Remove Programs and don't know how they got there and I was afraid to remove them. Is this some sort of spyware that is capturing information on my system when I visit various websites? There are others - one is Ezula and the other is Comet that I know must be spyware as they showed up when I ran the Ad-Aware program. The problem with Ezula and Comet is that they only shows up in Windows Explorer under Program files (not in Add Delete Software), and won't allow me to delete them; keeps saying to check to see if the disk is write-protected. What do I do with this stuff to get rid of it?

Thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

So, it is safe to remove those that appear in the Add/Delete area of Control Panel?

I just ran ad-Aware and Spyblaster. I have to read about both of these to see what the differences are but I also want a program that will zap these programs as I don't even want them on my computer (wishful thinking?)

thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If they allow you to remove them through the Add/Remove Programs control panel, do so by all means.

Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, as well as Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) can remove malware from your PC. SpywareBlaster doesn't remove anything, but prevents a lot of malware from installing themselves on your PC.

Also see Tutorials & Links to Detection & Removal Tools.