Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

docs section breaks & footers (OfficeXP SP3)

HI

I have a document that has section 1 & section 2. The doc is formatted with Different First Page .

My code selects and copies section 2 & pastes into a new doc. The issue is the orginal footers dont come across into the new doc. the footers get lost.

is there a way i can bring this footer across? in the orginial doc do I have to goto each sections footer & copy , then in my new doc - reapply the footers?

diana

Thanks

Re: docs section breaks & footers (OfficeXP SP3)

Does including the terminal paragraph mark change anything?

I wonder whether assigning the range contents from one footer to the other will work any faster or better than copying and pasting? I don't have enough experience with that to know without some experiments.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You need to add another section break at the end of the document before you copy it and then paste the contents of section 2 plus the new section break into the other file. Without an included section break your page setups and headers/footers will be unchanged in the target document.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

In the orginial doc (doc A) yes I added a section break at the end of the document>>>that worked.

the issue with that was it was the Next Page section break - therefore resulting in an extra page in Doc B which i dont want.

therefore in the Doc A I added the section break continous > copied & pasted in doc B> the continous section break when pasted changed to a Next Page section break.

then in Doc B - in File>Page Setup>tab Layout> I changed Section Start: to Contionous.
    When I copied Doc A with the continous section break into Doc B - result the continus section break changed to a Next Page section break.

any ideas?
    Diana

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Once you have pasted in the content to Doc B you can delete the section break after copying the page setup/header/footer from the second last section to the last section. I seem to remember a thread here where this task was automated but I didn't find it with a quick search - perhaps you will have more luck.

The basic tasks to be automated are as follows:
    1. For the page setup - Display the page setup dialog for the second last section and press OK then go to the last section and press F4 (repeat last command) - as described in <post#=263012>post 263012</post#>
    2. For the Headers/Footers - Make each Header and Footer in the last section the same as previous and then break the link for each
    3. Delete the final section break.

Hang on - in testing I think you might get some mileage out of simply selecting the final section break through to the end of the file (including the final return) and deleting it. I am assuming that your content in that final section consists of only an empty paragraph. Do this after you have copied it to Doc B.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

thanks andrew...diana