5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print results of query (2000)

Post deleted by LindaR

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print results of query (2000)

I would create a form with text boxes to act as parameters for the query (i.e. a parameter such as [Enter SIC Code] would be replaced by something like [Forms]![frmParameters]![txtSICCode]), and create a report and subreport with the same record sources as the form and subform. A report offers much more control over what is printed than a query.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I deleted my initial post because I thought I was showing sensitive data in the attachment.

In regards to your answer to my post - I set up my parameter query so that any one of the three options could be entered - Sic number or Sic description or zip code or any combination of the three. Would a form with text boxes have the same functionality?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It would work exactly the same, except that instead of being prompted for the three values, the user enters them in text boxes on the form. Leaving a text box blank has the same effect as clicking OK in the parameter prompt without entering a value.

PS For the future: you can edit a post and delete the attachment - there is a check box for this in the 'edit post' window (only if there is an attachment, of course).