New Lounger
    Thanks

Dont know what to call it (Access 2003)

I was wondering if it is possible to have in a form if a field is changed such as Name or Address is changed (without actually editing or deleting what is in the database) the form will then change the other fields to the corresponding information

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Dont know what to call it (Access 2003)

Do you want to search for the record containing that name (or address)? Or do you want the form to display the data corresponding to the name (or address) entered, in the current record?

New Lounger
    Thanks

in the current record , i think

basically the form shows Basic names and addresses, i want it so that if the any of the fields are changed and correspond with data already in the database the appropriate fields follow suit and change also

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There are various ways to do this. Which one is best depends on the situation. I have attached a simple demo based on the Categories and Products tables from the Northwind database.

The form in the database displays the products. The product category can be selected from a combo box (dropdown list). When the user selects a different category, the description and picture of the category change automatically. The "trick" is using a query based on both Products and Categories as record source of the form. You can view the design of the form and the queries to see how it is done.

New Lounger
    Thanks

ahh thankyou what i might do is have all their names in a drop down box and do it that way thankyou very much

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

If I understand you correctly, you have a record displayed with Name and Address. Then, if the user changes the Address such that it matches the Address of another record already on file, then that other record will then be displayed. Is this what you are trying to do?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.