Thanks

Subreport Page Headers (2003)

I have a main report with a subreport at the end. The subreport begins printing on its own page, and goes on for several pages. Everything works great, except that the page headers that print on the subreport are the same page headers that print in the last section of the main report, and they are totally unsuitable for the subreport.

I'd like the subreport to print with its own page headers, if possible (they are included in the design of the subreport, but they don't print).

Failing that, I'd like to suppress printing of all page headers in the subreport. This could be done directly, or by programatically changing the page header controls' ForeColor property to white, or by ???.

Any suggestions?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subreport Page Headers (2003)

The page headers contained in a subreport are never printed.

If the subreport is in a separate section of the main report, you can set the Visible property of the PageHeader section to False in the On Format or On Print event of that section. If it isn't, you could create a dummy section expecially for the subreport.

Thanks

Bingo! The subreport had been set up in the Report Footer, so it was easy (using what I learned here a few days ago) to go to the main Report's Properties and make the proper setting to disable printing of the page headers.

I don't understand "making a dummy section." How is that done?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In the Sorting and Grouping window, you can specify on which field(s) the report is to be grouped (and sorted). You can create a dummy group header and/or footer by entering an expression such as =1 in the Field/Expression box and setting Group Header and/or Group Footer to Yes. You can drag the dummy grouping level up and down in the list to position the header or footer where you want it in relation to the others.
    You can use such a dummy header for various purposes such as to keep a group of controls together, or to suppress page headers and footers.

Thanks

Thanks again. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do this when I need it. (I'm starting to feel like I'm no longer an Access newbie, but I'm still shaky on some things like sorting and grouping, complicated queries, etc. There is SO much to know.)
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Lounger
    Thanks

Hans -

I have a similar problem - I want the headers for the subreport to appear on muliple pages (the main report is two pages, the subreport may be 3-8), but the subreport headers only print on the first page of data.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Larry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could create a dummy group header in the Sorting and Grouping window. For example, set its Field/Expression to =1, and set Group Header to Yes. In the Properties window, set the Repeat Section property of the group header section to Yes. Use the group header instead of the report header of the subreport.