2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Change to report background colour (Access 2002 -Sp-2)

I have a friend who had a working membership database, who decided that he needed additional fields in one of his tables. He created the additional fields with no problems. He can't remember doing anything else untoward, but he now has reports which show the correct 'white' background colour when in design mode, with a Back Color of 16777215. Yet when he views this in Print Preview or View he sees a 'grey' background with the same 'grey' colour when he prints. He has sent me his database and all the reports look and print fine from my system. Is there anywhere else he can look to try and fix this problem.
    Regards
    Zinger

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Change to report background colour (Access 2002 -Sp-2)

Just to make sure: it's the report background (the "page") that previews and prints grey, not just the background of the newly added controls?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, that was my understanding when he described the behaviour, but I have sent him an email to confirm your question.
    Regards
    Zinger

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi HAns,
    It definitely was the report background (the "page") that previews and prints grey. This evening he told me that he had been 'playing' around with advanced appearance properties on the desktop, which prompted him to restore his system to a point prior to his 'grey' reports and lo and behold, the reports were white again.
    What 'bits' does Access use from Windows that may have caused his behaviour?
    Regards
    Zinger

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I don't know. Setting the Window background color to gray in the Appearances tab of the Display Properties control panel has no influence on the backround color of reports.