Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Recover deleted mail (20003)

I deleted at least one item in the junk mail inbox this morning, and I would like to undelete it if possible. Exploring the recycle bin yields nothing that has been deleted to that for the past two days. I have at least two utilities, including PC Inspector File Recovery, that seem to yield nothing. Is it gone for good?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Recover deleted mail (20003)

Did you check out the "Deleted Items" folder in Ounlook?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If you are on Exchange Server, see if <post#=324767>post 324767</post#> helps, if not, you are probably out of luck.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Embarrassingly, no. That is the kind of thing I was hoping for : that I was just looking in the wrong place. Thank you for telling me where to look first in future.

Tragically, the message it gives is 'There are no items to show in this view'. I can't have done a Wash or anything fancy like that, because the recycle bin is packed with files, all of which have been there for two days or more.

I'm wondering if the junk mail folder sends deletions elsewhere. I should add that I have two, in fact three levels of junk mail because I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite, which has its own junk mail filter plus an anti-phishing filter, with configuration options galore, all of which are at their defaults.

Oops. Under Options/Other I have Empty the Deleted Items Folder Upon Exiting checked. Now where does that put me, I hate to ask?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Out of luck does sound about right, although hope springs eternal.

I suppose it should be a separate thread, but while I'm discussing Outlook Options, I have the Slovak Attachment Options add-on but I don't know where to find a suitable list of selections. I realize that everyone has their own preferences and degrees of safety, but one does feel swamped without a starter list.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I installed Attachment Options almost two and a half years ago, but I have found that I don't really need it. If I need to send an Access database, for example, I zip it anyway to keep the attachment size down. I have yet to find an extension I needed to move from Level 1 to Level 2.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. Having to do my homework on eighty extensions seemed a lot when I wasn't really sure of the risks, and you have simplified things greatly for me.

I have unchecked the box to Empty the Deleted Items on Exiting, which is a dangerous box to have checked when you read your mail when half-awake.