About a week ago, I noticed the problem described below.

Usually, when I create a toolbar, I do include the Position property in the Add method.

However, for msoBarBottom, I find unusual behavior if I do not specify the Position property until later in the code.

Using Word 2003, with msoBottom in the Add method, I get the expected behavior, i.e., the toolbar is created below all other toolbars. on a separate row.

However, if I use the Add method without the Position property and later use the Postion property with msoBarBottom, the toolbar does not get placed at the bottom, instead, I've seen the following two cases:

1. The toolbar is intermingled with the toolbars in the last row of the toolbars, and not all the toolbar buttons are visible.

2. The toolbar is intermingled with the toolbars in the last row of the toolbars, and all the toolbar buttons are visible.

I would have expected the use of Position with msoBarBottom to have caused the toobar to be in a new last row.

Why all the buttons show sometimes, but not others, makes no sense, as nothing else has changed.

However, I am NOW noticing that the toolbar NEVER gets added as a separate row, i.e., it is always intermingle with the current last row of toolbars.

Is this documented intended behavior, or is it a bug, documented or otherwise?