Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attached files not opening from one sender only! (Office XP)

Hi,

I have always been able to open the attachments I have been sent from everyone but I am now getting attachments from someone new and I am having problems with them. I noticed that the emails are in plain text as opposed to HTML - is this a possible problem? When I click on the attachment (screen shot attached) I get another email form with just the attachment showing -- no TO: or FROM: and when I click on the attachment again, I get a new blank email page. Is it me or the sender?
    Any suggestions?
    Many thanks!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Attached files not opening from one sender onl

>Is it me or the sender?

It looks like something is getting stripped out either at your server - before the mail reaches your Inbox (perhaps by an anti-virus program) - or at the sender's server. Are you talking about mail received through an email server at your office? Have you contacted the sender to establish what it actually is they are trying to send you?

HTH
    Gre

Thanks

Re: Attached files not opening from one sender onl

A .msg file is an Outlook message (proprietary format). At only 496 bytes, it might in fact be a blank message. You might ask the sender what it is and how it was attached, in case she or he is doing something odd. For example, if it is intended to be a vCard, it usually does not work to attach a Contact record directly (that can lead to strange empty message attachments).

Added: It's also possible that this is a "cleaned" viral attachment. Rather than experiment further, I suggest trying to verify the authenticity of the message.