Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

How to remove a Digital Signature (Outlook 2003 SP1)

I use Outlook 2003 SP1, connected to an Exchange server.

I often include attachments in mail, so I always sign messages using a digital signature to help distinguish genuine attachments from viruses and scams.

In order to save disk space, some of my contacts would like to be able to remove the digital signature from received mails. These are no longer needed once the recipient has checked them, but none of us can find a way to remove the signature from a received mail.

So the question is - how do you remove a digital signature from a received email so that you can save disk space when filing it?

StuartR

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to remove a Digital Signature (Outlook 2003 SP1)

Hmm, can't find anything exactly about your question. Exchange 2000 General - How to remove digital signatures in messages for outside recipients? comes nearest - doesn't look hopeful.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to remove a Digital Signature (Outlook 2003 SP1)

Not too helpful. Our signatures are based on Verisign certificates and are quite usable by people outside our own organisation.

The problem is that Outlook appears to provide no way of removing a certificate from a signed mail. Even if you edit the mail before filing, it insists on signing with your own cerficate!

StuartR