Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

word cannot open this document template (word xp)

I get this pop-up error message when I try to open (from VBA) a template which has a stale reference to a template that no longer exists. My program loop hangs, of course, until I choose OK, after which, the template is opened and is available for my inspection. The template is not locked.

Am I right in thinking that this is another un-trappable error? That is, short of going through the process once, and creating fake versions of all missing templates, there's really no way to loop through a set of files without manual intervention?

I know that once the file is open, I can programmatically set references ( <post#=124702>post 124702</post#> <post#=175657>post 175657</post#> <post#=41163>post 41163</post#> <post#=391451>post 391451</post#> <post#=40491>post 40491</post#> ), it is opening the file in unattended mode that raises the problem.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: word cannot open this document template (word

... and to make it wose, all too often the pop up won't display the full path, making it more difficult to create a temporary fake version.