Thread: 2585 Error (97)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

2585 Error (97)

When trying to close a form with:

DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveYes

Getting a 2585 error - "This action cannot be carried out while processing a form or report event." This error is not a "trappable error" so error handling is not catching it.

This popped up when I tried to add the processing of a report (rather lengthy that is Output to RTF format) prior to reaching this command. I'm having the report in its OnClose event pass a signal to the form indicating it is done. The report is indicating closed when the form reaches the close command. And, as best as I can tell, nothing else is open or running.

Tried to understand the Microsoft TimerEvent solution in the knowledgebase, but couldn't get it to work. I've searched and searched the Internet and haven't found a solution.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks,

TexasTJ

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2585 Error (97)

Can you post some of the code in context, or post a stripped down version of the database?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2585 Error (97)

In the process of reviewing the code for posting I believe I've located the problem. There is a separate form that is opened for the user to make a selection from to complete the import process (what the main form is for). If I run the process without opening that form - no 2585 error.

So now I'm trying to troubleshoot WHY. Will post back when I find the solution or am out of hair - whichever happens first.

Thanks,

TexasTJ