2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Installing new programs for all users (Windows XP Home)

I am setting up a new computer that I just purchased...I have set up several users for logging on. How do I install Microsoft Office so that ALL users can access and use it on their own user ID Profile rather than on just one. I want one to have the Admin rights and the rest to have restricted rights, but I want everyone to have access to Office, the ability to log on to the internet, etc. Thanks in advance for those who can provide guidance...John

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Installing new programs for all users (Windows XP Home)

Logon to the account with Administartor rights.

Insert Office Installation CD and reject Setup when it starts.

Click Start | Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs | Add New Programs (icon on the left pane) | CD or Floppy button and click OK when the wizard founds Setup.exe on your CD. Then follow usual Setup process.

When each user will start Office application (Word, Excel, etc) the first time, the message "Installing Microsoft Office..." may appear: Windows Installer will create individual settings for this user.

Remember: each user will have his own "My Documents" folder. To get an easy access to the documents for all users, use "Shared Documents" folder.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Installing new programs for all users (Windows XP Home)

thank you for the instructions. I will try this and see if I can get everything going with all users...thanks again. John