2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Default Value Property (2000)

I have a data entry form to enter records. The data date could be any date so I cannot use =Date() in the default value property box. Right now the operator opens the form in design view and enters a date in the default value box then open the form and enters the data. There must be a better way. I was thinking about opening a new form that would have a text box on it so I could enter a date then refer to that text box on the data entry form in the default value of the date field. I tried "#" & "[Forms]![xfrmdate]![Card_Date]" & "#" but I got an #error pop up in the field. xfrmdate is the new form and card_date is the text box on that form.
    Is it possible to do what I want to do or is there a better way to accomplish this task?
    Thank you in advance.
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default Value Property (2000)

You don't need the # characters around the date here, nor the quotes. Just set the Default Value property to

[Forms]![xfrmdate]![Card_Date]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default Value Property (2000)

I had trouble at first getting it to work since I only had the 1 text box on the form. I finally realized that I still had to hit enter after I had enter the date. Now the form also has command buttons that I tab to and open up various forms that use the date entered on the first form. Thanks for setting me straight.
    All the Best to you.