2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Track Changes (2003)

I have a document that had track changes turned on. Once the document was finalized we turned it off. When I send the doc to the customer I don't want him to be able to turn track changes back on and see the changes. Is there any way to do that?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Track Changes (2003)

You'll have to create a copy of the document and accept all changes in it. Before saving, select Tools | Options..., activate the Security tab, and tick the check box "Remove personal information from this file on save", then click OK. Send the copy to the customer. If you leave the changes in the document, the user can get at them, even if you were to lock the document. If you open a document with tracked changes as "Recover text from any file", they will be in plain sight.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I created a copy of the document, but when I right click on the first tracked change, I don't get an option to accept all changes, just that one. I also went to Tools/Track Changes and clicked on that; but that just turns it on or off. What am I doing wrong?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you click the little arrow to the right of the Accept Change button on the Reviewing toolbar, you'll see the option to accept all changes. (The screenshot is for Word 2002, I assume it's similar for Word 2003).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (3.2 KB, 0 views)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Perfect! Thanks so much!