2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

computer continues to snooze (xp professional)

We have a computer here at work that when you come in in the morning it is snoozing. No matter how many times you move the mouse around, etc, you can not get the computer to wake up and display the desktop on the screen. The only way you can get it to work is to power it off and reboot. Any suggestions on where I can go in the settings to correct the problem is appreciated. thanks, John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: computer continues to snooze (xp professional)

I guess the first thing I'd do is check the BIOS to see if there are any "power" options in there. If so, I'd turn them OFF, just in case there is a conflict of some kind with the BIOS and Windows both trying to manage power. Then, open the Power Options applet in Control Panel and tell us what you have set there. Personally, I have mine set to power-off the monitor in 20 minutes, but NEVER on the hard drives and standby. You should also check to see if you have Hibernate activated. If so I'd turn it off (uncheck the box). Last but not least, I've developed a dislike for screensavers, even those that come with Windows, so I always set my screensaver to NONE. Let us know what's next...