Star Lounger
    Thanks

automation (Access 2000)

Hello everybody,
    I have a question regarding automation. I have a form named frmPWO and on this form are a mixture of text and combo boxes for the information that needs to be stored. Now, I also have a few word docs that contain work instructions that I would like to be combined with the frmPWO form. Right now I print out the frmPWO form and attach the work instructions to it. (Management does not like this approach and would like the whole thing automated.) As you can see there is going to be an issue in that I have many word docs to integrate and I was thinking there could be a combo box to select which word doc to integrate. Any answers? As always any responses are very much appreciated. (I really mean it Hans)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: automation (Access 2000)

If the user should be able to select the document, create a table with a text field to store the path+filename of the Word documents (one document per record). Put a list box or combo box on your form, set its Row Source Type to Table/Query and its Row Source to the name of the documents table. You can use the code from <post#=374418>post 374418</post#> to print the document. The code to call the PrintFile function from that post as follows:

PrintFile Me.cboDocuments

where cboDocuments is the name of the combo box.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: automation (Access 2000)

Thank you Hans. I will try out your suggestions.