2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Chasing Folders (XP home, Office 2003)

When I try to move a file from the in box to one of the mail folders I have to chase the mail folder I want up and down the list until the list stops. How do I stop having to chase the folders when I try to move a file?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Chasing Folders (XP home, Office 2003)

Do you have View|Navigation Pane (Alt+F1) checked? This can make selecting a folder simpler.

Have you tried right-clicking on the item to be moved & then choosing Move To Folder?

HTH
    Gre

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

View/Navigation Pane is checked. I understand about right clicking. I was trying to save a step by dragging and dropping but the folders in "All Mail Folders" start running up and down the list faster than I can catch the right one.

Thanks

Not sure whether this is an option for you, but I've grouped the folders into various other folders, sometimes arbitrarily, like A-F, G-K, etc. Dragging and "hovering" over the top level folder will cause it to open after a short delay. You can close the various top level folders as needed (or as not needed, depending on how you look at it).

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I may not understand your issue, but FWIW, I don't have this problem when drag and dropping because in the drop process I place the the mouse pointer just above the bottom border to scroll the folder list up and therefore browse down, or just below the top border to scroll the folder list down and therefore browse up, and then vary the position from the border very slightly to control the scroll speed of the folders. Then when the target folder is in view, the folders don't run away. The speed of folder and file scrolling can be controlled the same way in the File Explorer window.

Does that make sense, and does it help you? If you try and things still go berserk, perhaps you should get into the Control Panel | Mouse and slow your pointer speed.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. As always your solutions are right on target.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried your solution and it sure works better than trying to catch the right folder as it flies by. I decided not to fiddle with the mouse pointer. It's plenty slow in every other application.