4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing a Booklet (2002/SP2)

I want to print a booklet with Product and Bar Codes from Access. I have a printer capable of duplexing and stapling but I figured before I go through all of the trial and error work of trying to get it to work, I would check here and see if anyone has any advice for setting that up. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Printing a Booklet (2002/SP2)

Is this a standard sized booklet, i.e. A4 or Letter sized, or is it a reduced size? Also are you looking at single or multiple columns? The biggest issue with printing this sort of stuff in Access reports is that you can't do any font format changes in a given text control - otherwise I would not anticipate any significant difficulties, presuming that you have a bar-code font that is True Type and the like.
    Wendell

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Wendell.

This will be on standard size 8.5 x 11 paper, Landscape, one column per 5.5 x 8.5 page. Where it gets tricky is getting it to print out in the correct order. In Word, you can select Booklet and it will do all the work for you. I didn't see any kind of setup like that in Access. I think that I will try doing that with Printer Setup and see what happens. Thanks again for the input.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Some printers have booklet printing facilities.

There are some third party utilities that may be useful: ClickBook for Windows and FinePrint Software.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

In Word, the Catalog mail merge will probably do what you want, and the Booklet format for Word should be just the ticket. In addition, in addition to greater font flexibility, Word has the advantage of being able to go in and edit the format after the fact.
    Wendell