4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OLB registration (A2002)

Hello All,
    I have been working on a front end on my laptop which has Outlook 2002. I would like to now run on my desktop which is running Outlook 2003. Needless to say, the outlook library files are different. How can I make it use the older library? Is there a way to register the older library?

Thanks,
    Mark

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OLB registration (A2002)

You cannot have two versions of Outlook on one system, so I don't think you can use the Outlook 2002 library on your desktop. But the reference should resolve itself automatically when going from 2002 to 2003 (not the other way round).
    If all else fails, you could switch to late binding (declare all Outlook items As Object instead of As Outlook.Something, replace Outlook constants by their values, avoid the New keyword, and remove the reference to Outlook in Tools | References...)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OLB registration (A2002)

Thanks Hans,
    There was some other weird stuff going on with Outlook2003 installed as well. The linked table manager showed no tables even though there are tables there. I removed the newer version of Outlook and removed and re-installed office XP. Now all is right with the world again!

Thanks,
    Mark