New Lounger
    Thanks

defaults for customized contact views (2003 SP1)

I have created a customized view for a contacts folder. However, the preferred grouping and sorting is awkward to set up and easy to disrupt.
    This folder is going to be made public to a lot of people and I would like to have a way to restore the default arrangement after people disrupt it intentionally or unintentionally.

The "Customize View" box has a Restore Defaults button but it is grayed out. If I could set it to work somehow, it would be the ideal solution.

Bill Fuhrmann

Thanks

Re: defaults for customized contact views (2003 SP

Did you save the changes as new view definition (e.g., MyContacts)? I try to do that so that if the built-in views do get reset, I don't have to re-create them. Even then, sometimes my custom views vanish for no apparent reason. At least in OL 2002 they did; so far 2003 seems better in this regard.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I forgot to include that: Yes, I defined a new view for the list, after setting it up according to the "Create a new view or customize an existing one" instructions from the online office help.

Everything is fine, except that there is no way to easily get back to the group and sort sequence that I had when I set it up. It may be that there is an easy method that I am overlooking.

Thanks

Hmmm... maybe changing to a completely different view and then back to your saved view will reset the grouping and sorting? Using the drop-down on the Advanced toolbar, it doesn't take too long (the menus are a different story!).