Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple Accounts (Office 2003SP1)

I have Outlook setup with 3 separate email accounts. When I send mail to a particular contact I would like Outlook to automatically use a particular account, not the default. Can I do this?

Thanks.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Accounts (Office 2003SP1)

I found this in the Outlook Help files :

Specify which e-mail account to use to send a message
    If you have set up multiple e-mail accounts in Microsoft Outlook, you can specify which account to use when sending a message.

In the message, click Accounts.
    Click the account you want to use.

Notes
    By default, e-mail is sent by using the account specified as the default in the E-Mail Accounts Wizard. For example, your default account may be your work e-mail account, but you can specify to send a message from another e-mail account, such as your personal Internet service provider (ISP) account.
    Sending messages from your ISP account may require you to be connected to that provider in order to receive permission to use the e-mail server. Contact your network administrator or ISP for more information.

I could not test it out as I do not have multiple accounts loaded...but I hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Rudi

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I already use this facility, but I have several contacts that I always use a particular account for and I was wondering if I could automatically pair the contacts with the account, rather than manually choosing.

Best regards.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Trulyfayre,

I'm certainly not a guru on Outlook, but I cannot think of any setting that allows you to do this. I do admit that it is an interesting and valid question! I have searched on Google and been to the Microsoft Support and Knowledge Base Sites, and still came up empty handed. Please continue to stay posted in order to get confirmation of this by other posters. Maybe someone out there has a tip or trick or a possible solution that I am unaware of. I too will be interested to find out if this is possible to do!

Maybe a automated macro could be set up...but my VBA for Outlook is not ut to scratch to do this for you!

Good Luck
    Regards,
    Rudi

Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Rudi,

Once again, thanks for your reply. The particular account that I am trying to pair with certain contacta ia not the default so that is why I sometimes get it wrong!

Thanks for trying.

Best regards.