2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sticky Mail Labels (Access 2002)

Hi

The <post#=167608>post 167608</post#> is handy, but it does not quite cover my problem. In this instance I wish to have an extra variable. That is, any one record may be flagged to have more than one copy of a sticky label. I'm not sure how to add this option to the Microsoft solution referred to in post 167608.

As for the DB structure, there are two linked tables, with the sub table having a field for the number of sticky label copies required for that record. The sticky label db is not designed for a mailing list, rather it is used to stick info on paper data volumes giving unique no qualifier, trade name of product, the type of volume and no of volumes. Thus the unique no qualifier and trade name of product are repeated in all labels, with the variable being the type of volumes (eg chemistry, efficacy etc). So if there are 10 efficacy data volumes for a Trade name, then rather than input efficacy 10 times, I would like to enter it once with another field indicating the number of copies to be printed on the sticky label.

Hope this is clear and appreciate any advice someone may have on how to resolve this problem.

Thanks & Regards
    WTH

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sticky Mail Labels (Access 2002)

Create a query to act as record source for the report. Make sure that the field that specifies the number of copies is included in the query.
    Place a text box bound to this field in the detail section of the report. Set its Visible property to No. (It may overlap visible controls). Let's say you name it txtCopies.
    Change the LabelLayout function from the MSKB code to

Function LabelLayout(R As Report)
    If BlankCount < LabelBlanks Then
    R.NextRecord = False
    R.PrintSection = False
    BlankCount = BlankCount + 1
    ElseIf CopyCount < (R!txtCopies - 1) Then
    R.NextRecord = False
    CopyCount = CopyCount + 1
    Else
    CopyCount = 0
    End If
    End Function

Remove all references to LabelCopies from rest of the code.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sticky Mail Labels (Access 2002)

Hi Hans

Perfect. Thanks, just like the mailman you always deliver!

Regards
    WTH