2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

link data sheet to data sheet (Office 2000/2003)

Is it possible to link the data from one chart to another (i.e. the data sheet within a chart). I know one can link an actual table to the datasheet of a chart, but I haven't found a way to do it data sheet to data sheet. Here is the scenario. I am using a third party software to export the chart to Excel, however this chart is pretty ugly and needs a lot of formatting. Thus I created a 'master file' which will be used, and I would like to use the exported file as a source file with link to the master file. The source file will be exported every month with the same name (I also have tables, which I have already linked to the masterfile, now I'm only stuck at the charts). Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
    K.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: link data sheet to data sheet (Office 2000/2003)

What kind of chart do you get as a result of the export? A Microsoft Graph object, or an Excel chart object, or...?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: link data sheet to data sheet (Office 2000/200

I think it is an msgraph type, when I click on the chart I have in the formula bar: =EMBED("MSGraph.Chart","")

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think you can link to the datasheet in an MS Graph chart. You can open the datasheet manually, and copy the data to the clipboard in order to paste it elsewhere, or you can write VBA code to read the data from the datasheet and use it elsewhere.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ok, thanks a lot for confirming.

Cheers,

K.