Lounger
    Thanks

Locked data entry form (Access 97)

Hello all,

I'm using Access 97 on a Windows XP Professional machine. I've been trying to create forms for data entry that have two linked tables as their sources. Whether creating it directly with the tables of the stores or using a query that links the two tables as the source it will not allow me to change any of the data. Every reference I look at says I should be able to. What can I be doing wrong here? I don't have much experience with Access.

I'm able to run records just fine using the query as the source. The tables are small, only about 45 records each, there is only a single user.
    This system also has Access 2002 installed, and the database was originally created in Access 2002 and exported to Access 97.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Locked data entry form (Access 97)

Can you edit records in the query based on the two tables? If you can, you should also be able to edit records in a form based on the query. If you can't edit records in the query, check the field(s) on which the tables are linked. There should be a unique index on that field/those fields in one of the two tables (the "one" side of the join).

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Locked data entry form (Access 97)

Thats it. I realized that the key was unique, but it wasn't set as the primary key. Changing that fixed the problem. Thanks