Lounger
    Thanks

Network File Access

I have a PC and a Laptop which are both connected over a LAN. THere are actually 2 networks - one is on a dedicated IP network and the other is on a DHCP network. I can successfully see both machines both ways without a problem.

I have allowed myself full access to the entire file system on the PC from the Laptop (using windows permissions) and this all works fine. I can browse the Hard Drive of my PC without a problem.

I browse through to My Documents on the remote machine which has a large number of sub folders. when looking in the first folder, no problem, I can see all 6 files within. If i go back up the hierachy, and look at the properties of the folder, it lists all 6 files and the total folder size. PERFECT.

The problem is: There are a number of folders within the My Documents folder that I can not see!!! I go into the directory and it shows NO (0) files and 0 bytes! When I go back up the hierachy and look at the properties, it says the folder has NO files and 0 bytes!!!

I have the same username and password on both machines so I am connecting to the PC as an administrator so permissions are not a problem.

Does anyone know how this could happen!!! I am at a loss- I have deleted the share, rebooted and readded it to no avail... Just some files and folders will not display!!!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Network File Access

shannonw

Take a look at this thread as it seems to be a similar problem.

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.p...=466744&fpart=1

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you - problem solved!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts

For the benefit of others who have the same difficulty please post your solution.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

Edited by Bigaldoc to add URL code.[/i] See the Quick Guide, or the 1-Click TagPanel, or even <!post=this StarPost.,438749>this StarPost.<!/post>

Issue covered in this post - Lockergnome -> Networked Folders Won't Show