JustCallMeAl

Printer Properties

I am needing to access a specific printer's properties programmatically, and not that ones that are part of the printer object.

I need to access and change information on one of the tabs when you select Start, Settings, Printers, then right mouse click on the printer, and select Properties. There must be a way.

Any ideas? I am running out of time on this. If it cannot be done programmatically, then I will have to write instructions for every person in our office to perform this manually--about 200 people.

Thanks for any help.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printer Properties

Do you mean you need to modify the Properties dialog box for a specific printer? This should be controlled by the PropertySheetHandler Shell Extension for the Printer. But, as to how you modify that -- ????????

JustCallMeAl

Re: Printer Properties

I think my answer is no. [img]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

When you right click on a printer icon in Start, Settings, Printers, and choose Properties, a properties dialog box comes up. It has several tabs, giving the different configuration options available for that particular printer. In this particular case, we have two printers with Trays 4 and 5 (optional equipment) that are shown as "not installed." I would like to programmatically change that to "installed."