Silver Lounger
    Thanks

fineOther user error message (2002)

Hi,

I have a form that imports data from Excel than runs a variety of action queries. This all works fine. Once the data is imported the user is able to run a variety of reports based on the data imported. This also works fine. The only problem is that everytime data is imorted, the first time a report is run the user gets an error message stating another user has already worked with and saved the file. The user clicks OK and then is able to proceed without any problem. It only happens after the import and queries are run. I tried inserting an error handler in the before updata and after update event with no luck. Now what?

Thanks,
    Leesha

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: fineOther user error message (2002)

Sorry about the delay in responses - a number of us are away this weekend (including myself).;

Is there a specific error number associated with the error message? I presume you are importing the Excel worksheet into an Access table, not working with it directly. Does the table have a primary key? Also, do you have any code running on the OnFormat event for the report?
    Wendell

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Wendell,

Please don't apologize for timeliness of resposnes. This forum is the best! I was away also and with no internet access (a fate almost worse than death).

To answer your question, there is no specific error number and the error messages comes up whenever the user imports the data from excel into the access table and a variety of delete and update queries are run. When the user goes to enter a year for the report that is to be generated, or does anything else on the form they get the error that I'm attaching with this post.

Yes, the excel spreadsheet is being imported into the access table. No there is not a primary key.

Thanks,
    Leesha

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Is the form that is open when you perform the import bound to a data set that is changed by the import?
    Regards
    John

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Yes as a matter of fact it is. It's bound to the table that the excel data is imported into. After the import the form is requeried to show the date range imported. That is the only time the form is requeried. After that the form is used to run a variety of reports that are based on the data imported into the table. I think I get where your thought process is going with this, however am not sure how to fix it.

Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Does your form really need to be bound to the table? I would use an unbound form to perform all the data manipulation.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You could try putting in me.requery at the end of the import process. That might work.
    Regards
    John

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi John and Hans,

There is so much code on this form based on the dates in the table its bound to that before reformatting it to use a subform (to contain the table with the dates) I tried adding the me.requery at the end of the import code and that did the trick!.

Thanks,
    Leesha!