Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing (Access 2000)

Hello everybody,
    I Have a form and on this form there is a command button that prints out the form. I would like to know if it is possible to have a word document inserted into the form before it prints(say at the bottom of the form). So, beside there being the command button there is a series of combo boxes and text boxes that let the user select what he/she wants in the fields on the form. Now, as far as the word document , there are several forms to choose from and I thought ( actually it was suggested by Hans) that I have a combo box that selects which form to insert and that this combo box recieves its records from a table that stores the paths to these word documents. Is it easier to do this in word or in access? Should I use automation or can I just attach code to the cmdPrint command button to insert the document into the form? Any responses are always appreciated very much.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Printing (Access 2000)

Sorry about the delay in responses - many of us are away this weekend.

I don't believe that you can print a word document when it is embedded as an OLE object on a form by simply printing the form. If you truly need a word document and the capabilities it provides, then I would use Automation and drive the process to Word, even if you initiate it from Access. Printing Access forms is never very satisfactory for creating reports or documentation.
    Wendell

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing (Access 2000)

Thanks for the reply Wendell. I guess I will go the automation route.