5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Removing Music columns from folder views (Home 5.1)

Hi,

For some reason, whenever I create a new folder, in addition to including (by default) the columns Name, Size and Type, the folder includes Artist, Album Title, Year, Track Number and Duration -- as if every folder is a music one.

In fact, now that I peruse a little, it seems that far too many folders on my computer contain the latter (music) columns.

1. Why?

2. Instead of manually going through each folder, is there a way to make all folders -- except, of course, the special ones like My Music, My Videos, etc -- use only Name, Size and Type?

Many thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Removing Music columns from folder views (Home

Unless you change them one at a time, I only know of one way to do 'em all: Windows Explorer, set a folder's columns to what you want by right-clicking on the title bar to select the columns you want to see. Now, Folder Options, View and click the button to set all folders to the same as the current. Unfortunately, I believe it will also set the ones you really do have music tracks stored in, so now THEY would have to be changed manually. Someone correct me if my understanding of this is wrong, please.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Removing Music columns from folder views (Home

That worked! Thanks a lot!