3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Linking a multi-page Excel worksheet in Word (2002

What is the easiest way to have the column headings copy over when linking an Excel spreadsheet in Word when the spreadsheet is 10 pages long? The way I'm currently linking is to copy the range of cells in Excel and in Word hit Paste Special, Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object. This way is getting a bit tedious because I'm having to manually predict where the page breaks are and copy/paste special over and over.

Is there a way to link an entire spreadsheet WITH column headings etc appearing on every page without having to do it all manually? In Excel the rows are set to appear at the top of every page using the 'Rows to repeat at top' feature.

Thanks.
    Pooja

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linking a multi-page Excel worksheet in Word (2002

I don't think this is possible. Excel has no idea about page breaks in Word. The nearest you can get, as far as I know, is:
    - Paste link the Excel data as formatted text, not as an Excel worksheet object.
    - With the insertion point in the first row of the table, select Table | Heading Rows Repeat.
    You will have to repeat the latter step each time the linked table has been updated, for updating removes the Heading Rows Repeat property.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linking a multi-page Excel worksheet in Word (

I thought so. Thank you for confirming!

Pooja