New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook XP & HTML Scripts

Using Outlook XP, I often get the message "This HTML message contains script, which Outlook cannot display. This may affect how the message appears."

As suggested I've installed and run Ken Slovak's ATTOPT utility. I moved all file types to level 2.

Does anyone know a tweak to get Outlook XP to display scripts in HTML messages? Thanks.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook XP & HTML Scripts

if you are sure you want it displayed, open the message and choose display in internet zone off the view menu.

you can't enable it permantely AFAIK, although you can try setting the security zone to internet. (NOT recommended) if changing to the interent security zone works, it will only apply to open messages.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply, however, when I open the message and click 'View' the menu options that I get are:

Previous
    Next
    Fonts
    Encoding
    Message Header
    Options
    Toolbars

Clicking "Options" only allows me to change the level of importance and look at the internet header. I don't see how to display in internet zone off of the "View" menu.

I've already set the security zone in Outlook to internet. Do you think that its possible that Outlook is generating the message about not be able to display scripts even though it is? I'll admit, I haven't noticed any problems with the e-mail that display this message.

Thanks again.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

if it notices a script signature, it'll display the message. it's possible it may not be a true script, but every thing i've checked had scripts although not all affect the display of the message.

the view in internet zone is right after encoding - if the message is HTML.