ConnorS

Word after XP SP2 (2003SP1)

I am running Word 2003 on XP. I just installed XP SP2 and am noticing some differences in Word. Can anyone tell me where to reset Word's defaults for the following issues?

I have three templates

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word after XP SP2 (2003SP1)

Installation of Windows XP SP-2 shouldn't have any effect on the way Word 2003 behaves, as far as I know, but I don't have Word 2003. I didn't notice any change in Word 2002.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What setting do you have in Tools > Options > Edit > Insert / paste pictures as

Does it help if you change this setting, exit word, then start word again and change it back to the setting you want?

StuartR

ConnorS

My Tools | Options | EDit says In Line with Text, but that isn't what I'm getting. If I insert clip art, what I see looks like the attachments. If I insert a picture from a file, it is in line with the text as I'd expect.

I wouldn't think it was SP2 causing this either, but I haven't made any other changes to the computer or my Word settings.

Connor

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I notice that the clipart you have inserted is one of Word's autoshapes.

I get the same behaviour as you if I insert an Autoshape, whether I do this from the Insert > Clipart menu or by selecting an autoshape from the drawing toolbar. Other types of clipart behave according to the setting in Tools > Options > Edit.

What happens if you insert a different type of clipart, such as a picture?

StuartR