4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printer Problem (A2K SP-3)

We are running a program in 10 remote locations on both windows 98 and XP. After a recent update, we are having problems with a report overflowing in one location. The width of the report is slightly less than 10.5 inches. The printer in question is an HP Deskjet 3650 running on an XP system. Prior to the update everthing was working fine. So far we have experienced problems only with printing 1 report. The update did not included any changes to the report in question.

The printer specs of the 3650 says that both the left and right margins can be set to 0.25. The report prints in landscape. The right margin can not be set at less than 0.50 on this report. If the report is changed to portrait , the right margin can be set to 0.25 but once the page is changed to landscape the right margin defaults to 0.5

I have a copy of the program in my office and it works perfectly when running on a Windows 98 system on either a HP Laserjet 4000 or a HP Deskjet 940 C.

I have had several on line chats with HP and thus far nothing they have suggested has worked.

Any suggestions

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printer Problem (A2K SP-3)

The right margin in landscape mode is the same as the bottom margin in portrait mode. The minimum bottom margin for the 3650 is 0.50 inch according to here. Perhaps the Windows 98 driver set a different minimum margin.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Many thanks. I will see if I can narrow the report. I am assuming that if in landscape the Right margin is bottom that left would be top, bottom would be left and top would be right. Is that correct?

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, that is correct. If you look at your printer while it is printing a landscape page, you will see how it relates to a portrait page.