Star Lounger
    Thanks

update (net framework 1.1)

I don't belong here, as i am not a programmer. i am having difficulty installing two separate programs. After a month of trouble, today i was led to something that suggested i have a corrupted net framework. I tried to update it and received the following error message:
    SLB27.tmp - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
    Application has generated an exception that cannot be handled
    Process ID=0x11cc(4556), Thread id=0x125c(4700).

Blah, blah

Suggestions?

Thanks.
    br

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: update (net framework 1.1)

Can you provide any more details about the applications? Are they custom-written applications? Or are they packaged, commercial applications?

I'm not sure the error means anything about a corrupted .net framework. It looks more like an application crash due to a problem with a TMP file. Could be just bad programming or error handling.

If you're certain the framework is the culprit, you can download the framework and SDK here. I've used this installation to successfully repair some framework problems in the past. However, I'm not so sure this is the problem in your case.

By the way, the "Blah, blah" that you left out of your post is generally the type of information needed for developers to determine the cause of the problem...

Hope this helps.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Mark, i will try this. The Blah de Blah that i left out was ckick ok to terminate the application or click cancel to debug. I had tried the debug ,but it didn't seem to do anything obvious.

The application is Calendar Creator 10 Deluxe and i am also having NAV 2005 issues that they can't seem to resolve.

Thank you again for your time and suggestion.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi...I'm brand new here. When I turned on my computer, I got a Microsoft.Net Framework error box that apparently said i was having a problem with my document viewer loading. It said I should "enable JIT debugging", but I have NO idea how to do that. Would love some help.

Mike (Gator50@aol.com)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Woody's Lounge! JIT stands for Just-in-time, one of Microsoft's debugging technologies. The error message is most likely caused by some application that is experiencing difficulties. The message about the JIT de###### is being displayed after the application crashes. The messagebox in question is just a symptom of another problem.

Good luck!