Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Automated MP3 Recording

I have a need for software that can create MP3 files from a continuous audio stream. This is not to capture Real or Windows Media, it will be sound that is coming straight into a line input on a sound card.

Specifically, I need something that will auto-name and auto-cut at intervals - for example, it would record for a half hour, and hour, or whatever time preset I tell it, and then save the resulting output in auto-named MP3 files.

Any ideas? I've found a lot of things that come close but nothing that quite gets the job done.
    -Mark

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Automated MP3 Recording

Sounds like a job for a programmer to me, Mark. Since I ain't one, I wonder if AutoIt v3 Home Page might be able to help. Looks like there's enough "power" there to start Cool Edit, press the record button, watch the clock, save as, etc. I've only used it for simpler stuff, so I'm not sure. Worth a look if you don't get (or find) something else.

(Edited to correct the link)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Automated MP3 Recording

Thanks Al, I've seen this product discussed on these boards in the past and I confess I have never tried it. In fact, I would not have thought to try something like this to solve the problem. I'll report back and let you know how it works out in this situation. Thanks!
    -Mark