Star Lounger
    Thanks

Notification area (XP Pro, SP2)

I use both I.E. and Netscape (Netscape for mail, I loathe Outlook, all flavors). Recently I downloaded and installed Netscape 8. Mistake, didn't like it at all, uninstalled it and went back to Version 7. Unfortunately, the Netscape icon that allows both the browser and the mail to open without having to go through the splash screen, got removed from the Notification area. HOW do I get it back in there???? When I click Customize, I see it in the Past Items list, but no apparent way to make it Current.

Anyone know? I'd sure like to get it back there!

Thanks!

Jo Byrd

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

Re: Notification area (XP Pro, SP2)

That should be a configuration option in Netscape not Windows. I'd have Netscape, so the best I can say is open Netscape then find the Options ( Settings or whatever they may call it) and look around in there for something about system startup or notification or load speedup.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I use Mozilla, not Netscape, but since they came from the same womb, might Joe be onto something? This is a shot of a Mozilla Preferences screen and I've never used it, so.... try at your pleasure.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bingo!

Thanks, bigaldoc, that's EXACTLY what I needed to know. Joe did, indeed, set us on the right path. I checked the option, Netscape is once again in the Notification area, the splash screen is no more when I click the Netscape icon, either browser or mail.

Thanks, both of you, I REALLY, REALLY appreciate you taking the time and effort.

Jo Byrd