Thread: Sticky Threads

Thanks

Sticky Threads

HansV's post ( <post#=485181>post 485181</post#> ) got me thinking about the Lounge.

Other forums have a facility for designating a thread as 'sticky' i.e. it stays at the top of the forum list.

Does the Lounge have this facility and what are others views on whether this would be useful?

I particularly had in mind a 'FAQ type' set of stickys in Access as the same old chestnuts do seem to crop up again and again. The posters are usually not familiar enough with the Lounge or the subject to use the search facility effectively and they are often not aware of the Star-Posts list.

I do appreciate the voluntary nature of the Mods work, but I just put this forward as a possible entry on a wish-list.
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sticky Threads

We can designate threads as 'sticky, and we had some in the past, but they have undesirable side effects. That's why we have the Star Post Indexes below the menu. This makes it relatively easy to find star posts.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

You could also add threads to your reminders list if you want to keep certain useful posts on a more personal level!
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As Hans says, this is something we experimented with and decided it was to difficult to maintain properly because of its effect on other parts of the Lounge machinery. I tend to add those "sticky" candidates to my favorites list and organize them in folders there.
    Charlotte