Star Lounger
    Thanks

email all contacts (Outlook 2000 )

I have a new email address and imported all my contacts from my old outlook account. Is there an easy way to send an email to everyone in my contacts?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: email all contacts (Outlook 2000 )

Select all your Contacts (select your first Contact, and then shift-Click select your last Contact), then select Actions | New Message to Contact, etc. You may have to remove Contacts with no e-mail address, or you can just send them and let them bounce.

Also, you may encounter server or ISP limits on the number af addressees permitted per message. If so you may need to use Tools | Mail Merge, but that's more complex and requires some setup with Word. Search this Forum on instructions for Outlook's Mail Merge facility.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: email all contacts (Outlook 2000 )

<!profile=JohnBF>JohnBF<!/profile>'s point about ISP limits is a very valid one. You may try to get around this by sending to groups of, say, 10 at a time - using the same selection technique - but in smaller bites. If you don't want all your contacts to know each other's address, cut and paste the addresses from the TO box to the BCC box and substitute your own address in the TO box. (The BCC box is enabled by choosing Options in the Toolbar and then choosing BCC.) HTH
    Gre