New Lounger
    Thanks

Delayed 'to do' (Outlook 2003)

I would like to set up my to do's so that they start appearing on my task list at a later time. For example, it is now June 7. Let's say that I would like to presently set up a task in the list that starts showing on the list in August 1, 2005. In that way, I can keep the visual portion of the task list more related to the tasks at hand. Can this be done?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delayed 'to do' (Outlook 2003)

You should be able to do it, though I'm a little uncertain about exactly what you want. The usual way to hide certain Outlook Items, including Tasks, is to apply a View Filter. The following should display what you want for Tasks set with future Start Dates. After you are in a Task View, select:

View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views | select <Current View Settings>, Modify | Filter. From that dialog you have various options, my guess is that you want to show the Status dropdown as "In Progress".

Hope this helps, post back if not.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I'll certainly give your suggestion a try.
    What I have been trying to accomplish typically arises in the following scenario. Let's say I have a project that I need to start working on some time in the future. I do not want to forget it, so I want to schedule the "to do" now. I would prefer the future to do to start showing up later.
    Let's say I have a project that I want to start work on on January 1, 2006 and that it has a due date of January 15, 2006. I would like to presently set up a "to do" that becomes "visible" on January 1, 2006 and contains the January 15, 2006 due date. In that fashion, I can keep my to do list more orderly.
    Another solution that would keep my list "clean" would be a view with a filter that shows all items due in the next , say, 60 days and which excludes or hides any completed items. If this latter solution can be accomplished, I would be thrilled.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If you set the Task Start Date as 1/1/2006, and use the View Filter as I outlined, you should see only your currently Active Tasks. Alternatively you can use the Advanced Tab on the Filter to show all tasks not Completed and Due on or after today. Finally to write more complex expressions you can model what you want using the Advanced Tab, then switch to the SQL tab, check the box, and edit the SQL Filter. I don
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

I think that the following filters appear to trim down the visible portion of the to do list. Your examples were very helpful:
    complete equals no
    due date on or before 90 days
    With a measure of luck, this will display those not-completed items with due dates 90 days or less away. Thank you for your help. Philip